Instructor: Pacific Northwest Adventure 1
Joining us for his third season as an instructor, Thor currently calls Aspen, CO, home, where he’s worked as a ski instructor for young kids and people with disabilities. While in school, he worked for the school’s recreation and wellness center, overseeing intramural sports. After graduation, he became an outdoor trip leader, taking groups out canoeing and backpacking, and on team-building initiatives and nature hikes in Minnesota’s Boundary Waters.
- Education: University of Minnesota; bachelor’s degree in kinesiology
- Medical certifications: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Hiking the Four Pass Loop near Aspen, CO, with my dad, brother, and uncles.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Going to Voyageurs National Park almost every year since I was 12.
- Favorite hobbies: SKIING! And backpacking, mountain biking, rafting, staying fit, reading, and playing guitar.