Instructor: Camp Judaea program
Originally from Iowa City, IA, Vince now calls Fort Collins, CO, home. Most recently, he worked as a ski instructor at Loveland Ski Area and as a substitute teacher in the Poudre School District. While at the University of Idaho, he was a trip leader for the school’s outdoor program, leading backpacking trips in Utah, Idaho, and Oregon; he was also a backpacking counselor at Cheley Colorado Camps. Vince spent time working on a fire crew in Montana’s Kootenai National Forest and completed two National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) courses in Wyoming and Alaska. Vince is returning to Adventure Treks for his third season as an instructor.
- Education: University of Idaho; bachelor’s degree in history
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Last year, as an instructor on AT’s Alaska trip, backpacking in Denali State Park and waking up to the view of Denali was incredible.
- Biggest outdoor achievement: A couple of years ago, I climbed 12,667-foot Borah Peak, the tallest point in Idaho, and this past fall I took my wife up her first mountain, 13,159-foot Wheeler Peak, in New Mexico.
- Countries visited: Canada, Cayman Islands, Honduras, Ireland, Mexico, Spain, Taiwan, and Vietnam
- Favorite hobbies: Cooking, backpacking, downhill and cross country skiing, reading, and mountain biking!