Trip leader, British Columbia Adventure 1 & 2
Wells hails from Atlanta and spent four summers as an Adventure Treks student. Before becoming an AT instructor, Wells spent three summers leading trips for Camp Pinnacle. He is a Wilderness First Responder and is returning for his sixth season as a trip leader.
- Education: Central Wyoming College; bachelor’s degree in education and leadership
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? The lifelong connections to people and the environment.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? The opportunity to share the amazing spaces of wilderness with new people.
- What do you do when not working for AT? In the winter, I am a ski instructor at Park City. I also enjoy all things board games and riding my mountain bike!
- Favorite outdoor memory? The 24-day backpack in southern Utah, where we discovered Anisazi ruins and camped next to them.
- Favorite quote: “Happiness is not an outcome, but a way of life.”