Instructor, California Adventure 1 and California Challenge 3
Originally from Connecticut, Zoe calls Eugene, OR, home. Though her degree is from University of Oregon, Zoe has also studied at Colby College and Middlebury College—through the latter, she spent a semester abroad in Russia, focusing on Russian and international politics. After high school, Zoe took a gap year in Brazil, learning Portuguese, teaching English. and working with otters at a wildlife sanctuary. She also spent time in Estonia through the State Department’s National Security Language Initiative. Zoe recently trained to be an environmental educator, working with kids in the old-growth forests in the Cascades. Before that, she was a trip leader for the Colby College’s outing club, leading day and overnight hikes in Maine.
- Education: University of Oregon, bachelor’s degree in environmental science
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, AMGA single pitch instructor, Leave No Trace master educator
- Favorite outdoor memory:
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Alpine traditional leading! (Specifically, a 22-hour day hiking into the High Sierra and climbing Clyde Minaret.)
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: The Himalayas!
- Favorite hobbies: Rock climbing, gardening, yoga, swimming in alpine lakes, backcountry cooking, and highlining.
- What do you hope to learn this summer? More mountaineering skills!