Adventure Treks Employment
For our middle and high school summer program positions, or our Leadership Adventure Semester gap program positions, please click here.
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Adventure Treks team! Any full-time positions that are currently open will be listed below.
- Position type: Full-time, salary, exempt
- Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience, plus monthly health care reimbursements, company cell phone plan, generous PTO and holidays, and bonuses.
Adventure Treks is seeking a staffing director to join our team. This position will be based out of our western North Carolina office for nine months of the year. During the remaining three months (June to August), the staffing director will be based in the field to help manage summer trips throughout the North American west.
This position oversees all aspects of Adventure Treks’ staffing needs, including leading the recruitment and hiring process for seasonal instructors. Our ideal candidate will cultivate positive relationships with instructors and work to maintain and improve staff retention year-to-year. Adventure Treks is looking for a self-starter and has a genuine concern for community-building and youth development with an outdoor education background. This person will fully support the Adventure Treks mission: to create the safest, most exciting, and most substantive outdoor adventures for young people through our personal attention to every student, our caring, and our competence.
- Recruit veteran and prospective Adventure Treks instructors
- Manage the flow of resumes, screen applicants, and schedule and conduct interviews
- Manage all communication with applicants, newly hired instructors, and returning instructors throughout the year
- Manage recruitment sites and job boards
- Prepare and manage all necessary documents, forms, and resources for instructors
- Update and improve staffing manuals each season
- Schedule, organize, and help conduct trip leader training and instructor orientation
- Act as an instructor, trip leader, or regional director during the summer season and assist in supervising field staff
- Uphold and model all Adventure Treks standards, policies, and procedures
The staffing director will also assist in administrative responsibilities throughout the year, including, but not limited to: answering phones and making sales, assisting with resources and manuals, writing blogs, and assisting with gap semester programming and hiring.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUISITE SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree (or advanced degree)
- Experience working as an outdoor educator; experience working with Adventure Treks is strongly preferred
- Ability to work in-person at our Flat Rock, NC, office
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to risk management
- Willingness to learn new skills and work independently while maintaining a collaborate team-oriented atmosphere
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume with a brief introduction to our director, Amanda Fox-McGlashan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.