The Best Adventure Summer Camps for Teen Girls
We believe in the benefits of a coed summer program. Our focus on creating an inclusive community allows a space for students to feel comfortable interacting with the opposite gender while building respectful friendships—a skill that’s important in today’s world. We celebrate both genders equally and actively discourage any type of cliques, mutually exclusive relationships, or romantic relationships, encouraging students instead to view each other as family.
We also believe in the power of fun outdoor adventure with positive role models for teenage girls. At Adventure Treks, girls get to explore the boundaries of their comfort zones in the outdoors, whether that’s spending five days on a backpacking trip or rock climbing up to 50 feet off the ground. They become empowered to try new things, find their voices in a supportive community, and reap the rewards of taking calculated risks.
Why choose an outdoor adventure program for your teenage daughter?
- Have a ton of fun! Our goal is for our students to truly enjoy the different activities we offer, like rock climbing, hiking, and whitewater rafting, and continue pursuing outdoor activities throughout their lives. Teens deserve a break from technology and social media to just have fun in the summer.
- Connect with nature. Our students gain a new and deeper appreciation for the natural world around them and practice Leave No Trace principles.
- Increase confidence and self-esteem. Growing up in our digitally-driven world is extremely tough for girls; providing them appropriate challenge and showing them that hard work leads to meaningful reward shows them that they are capable of anything.
- Learn how to thrive in an inclusive community. Athletics and academia are competitive, which can lead to a “every person for themself” mentality. Adventure Treks takes competition away to create a community where everyone pitches in, works together, shares in mutual successes, and learns what it means to be a part of something bigger than oneself.
- Gain important life skills. Independence, collaboration, problem-solving—these non-cognitive skills are recognized by the world’s top minds as the key to success.
Adventure Treks knows firsthand how powerful the outdoors can be for girls. Here are a few testimonials from our female-identifying students:
Adventure Treks taught me that you can make friends with anyone in, like, two seconds. And even if you don’t want to do something, you should at least try it once. My Colorado adventure was the best trip I have ever gone on in my entire life. I had so much fun, and every second of it was amazing. – Elisa, student from Hendersonville, NC
Adventure Treks is amazing. It gave me so many experiences that I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to do otherwise. It taught me more about how to work with others and how to take more responsibility for my actions. – Malia, from Ponte Vedra, FL
Adventure Treks taught me to be myself and to be a leader while letting others have a chance to lead as well. It’s a place where you can let go, learn about nature, enjoy your surroundings, and be yourself. AT is home. My instructors were funny, encouraging, and made me laugh all the time. They let us be independent, but they also took our safety seriously. – Anya, student from Frisco, CO
My instructors made feel comfortable, made me laugh, and showed me how to be my best self. Adventure Treks taught me that being a friend to everyone is really important, and you should always be willing to lend a helping hand. It also taught me that I am stronger than I think and can overcome any obstacle. It was a super fun experience where I bonded with the people around me in the most beautiful places you can imagine. – Spenser, student from Homestead, FL
Adventure Treks taught me to make the best of all situations, be myself, and enjoy my surroundings. I was most surprised by the amount of freedom and responsibility we got—I loved it! It was so much fun; I got to become more in touch with myself and nature, while making friends and memories. – Reese, student from Candler, NC
Want more information on how the powerful, positive effects an outdoor community can have on girls? We recommend the following articles: