Permits and Licenses

Adventure Treks is fully licensed and permitted in the areas we operate. In the few places where we cannot obtain permits, we contract with the best outfitters in the area. We hold our partners to the same high standards that we hold ourselves to, in order to ensure the smoothest trips possible.

We are a licensed Oregon outfitter, and hold business licenses in Alaska, California and North Carolina.

We operate under Special Use Permits / Commercial Use Authorizations from the following land agencies:

  • WASHINGTON: North Cascades National Park, Olympic National Park, Gifford-Pinchot National Forest, Mt. St. Helens National Volcanic Monument, Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest
  • OREGON: Mt. Hood National Forest
  • CALIFORNIA: King Range Bureau of Land Management, Shasta-Trinity National Forest, Point Reyes National Seashore
  • BRITISH COLUMBIA: E.C. Manning Provincial Park
  • ALASKA: Chugach & Denali State Park, Chugach National Forest, Alaska State Lands
  • NORTH CAROLINA: Pisgah National Forest, Nantahala National Forest, DuPont State Forest
  • COLORADO: Rocky Mountain National Park
  • WYOMING & MONTANA: Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible State or local Agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600(voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information is also available in languages other than English.

To file a complaint alleging discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at , or at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provided in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

This institution is operated under special use permit with the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest, Shasta-Trinity National Forest, Chugach National Forest, Pisgah National Forest, and Nantahala National Forest.

Adventure Treks is an authorized permittee of the National Park Service.