How to Apply
We are now accepting applications for the 2020 summer and fall season! Though we accept applications and hire on a rolling basis, opportunities may be limited after March. We encourage candidates to submit their resumes and applications promptly.
How to apply
Once we receive your resume, we will email you a link to our staff application. After we have received your completed application, we can begin our interview process. The interview process includes at least three interviews to ensure that we are a good match for each other. We will also check your references and perform a background check. This hiring process is time-intensive, but we have found it to be the best way to create incredible six-person instructor teams. Most instructor applicants are impressed with the thoroughness of our interview process.
- The summer season and mandatory staff orientation is June 9 to June 15, 2020, near Portland, OR.
- The summer season ends August 15, 2020.
- There are limited spots available for shorter contracts that run June 9 to August 1, June 26 to August 1, and June 26 to August 15.
- Fall programming runs August 26 through October 25.
6 tips for preparing for your interview
- Review our instructor job description and your strengths. You not only want to be informed about what we’re looking for, but also how exactly you meet our requirements.
- Research us to understand our mission, culture, and what we do.
- Think through and rehearse your responses to common interview questions.
- Prepare a few questions to show your interest and engagement in being an instructor.
- Be on time and communicate. Let us know as soon as possible if there is a conflict in your schedule, if you’re running late, or are not interested in interviewing.
- Look and sound professional. Two of the three interviews are over the phone and one is over Skype.
If you have any questions, contact Rachel, our staffing director at firstname.lastname@example.org.