Abby joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor from Columbus, OH. As she pursues her bachelor’s degree at Ohio State, Abby leads backpacking and hiking trips in Michigan and Kentucky through the Mountaineers outing club. She also coaches high school field hockey and middle school indoor field hockey. Last summer, she worked for Avid4 Adventure as an outdoor education instructor, taking students on hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, and paddle boarding trips in Colorado.
- Education: The Ohio State University, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in strategic communications
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Backpacking the Ozette Coast in Olympic National Park!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Completing a winter hike up to the Mt. Washington summit.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Favorite hobbies: Hiking, biking, paddle boarding, kayaking, playing euchre, trying new foods and restaurants, going to concerts, and making new playlists on Spotify.
- What are you most excited for this summer? I am most excited to learn about all the students and staff at Adventure Treks, and learn new ways of doing things! I’m also looking forward to sharing my love for the outdoors with students, encouraging people to experience life outside their comfort zone, and exploring new places. I can’t wait to discover new meals and games!