Adventure Treks provides all of the necessary outdoor equipment for our trips, including a backpack, sleeping bag, and sleeping pad.
How to Pack for your Adventure
- Inside your daypack (a school bookbag is perfect) that you will carry on the plane:
- Put your cell phone (and charger!), medications, iPod, wallet, passport, and return ticket in a Ziploc bag with your name on it. You will give this to your instructors at the airport.
- Pack your essentials in case your bags are delayed. This includes a toothbrush, fleece, rain jacket, rain pants, empty water bottle, and a change of clothes. While we rarely have a problem with delayed bags, it is always best to be prepared.
- Inside your duffel bag (a soft-sided duffel without wheels, 80–90 liters in size) that you will check:
- Everything else on your trip’s packing list into your duffel bag. Some airlines charge extra for one or more checked bags—please be ready.
- Check with your airline for size and weight limits on checked bags; it is very possible to fit everything you need off of the packing list in a duffel that weighs under 50 pounds.
After you have been officially enrolled on a trip, you’ll be able to check out the trip-specific packing list in your account to find out exactly what you need to bring. Packing lists are also available on each trip-specific page.