Trip leader, Yellowstone Teton Adventure 3
Hannah grew up in a small town outside of Raleigh, NC, and now lives in Grand Junction, CO. She just finished a stint as a ski instructor in Steamboat this past winter; previously, she was a trip leader at Mountain Alliance, a non-profit organization that provides after-school and weekend outings in outdoor adventure, community service, and cultural activities for teenagers. She’s also worked as the assistant manager for Rivergirl Fishing Company; a crew leader at Paddle Creek Kayaking company; and studied outdoor recreation at the Ara Institute at Canterbury in Christchurch, New Zealand. Hannah returns to Adventure Treks for her third season as an instructor.
- Education: Appalachian State University, bachelor’s degree in recreation management
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, PSIA alpine level 1, PSIA children’s specialist
- Favorite outdoor memory: This past winter in Steamboat, we had a powder day unlike any other. The snow was up to my thighs in some places, the most I’d ever seen in my entire life—it was bananas! Our group spent the whole day yipping and cheering through the trees and slopes. It was definitely one of those total flow days full of bliss.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: I completed a nine-day environmental expedition across the southern Alps of New Zealand! We trekked across rainforests, snowy peaks, and grassy plains!
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Taiwan and New Zealand
- Favorite hobbies: Skiing, camping, paddling, art, health and wellness, travel, and coffee!
- What are you most excited for this summer? I’m most excited to get to know our students and explore another beautiful part of our country. I love connecting with students and watching them grow, learn and challenge themselves on AT trips, as well as getting to learn from them along the way! I’m looking forward to all of the laughs, challenges and beautiful views that we’ll all share as a team together.