Hannah grew up in a small town outside of Raleigh, NC, and now resides in Boone, NC. She’s currently a trip leader at Mountain Alliance, a non-profit organization that provides after-school and weekend outings in outdoor adventure, community service, and cultural activities for teenagers. She’s also worked as the assistant manager for Rivergirl Fishing Company; crew leader at Paddle Creek Kayaking company; and yoga teacher. In 2019, she studied outdoor recreation at the Ara Institute at Canterbury in Christchurch, New Zealand. Hannah joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor.
- Education: Appalachian State University, bachelor’s degree in recreation management
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: My favorite outdoor memory is the first time I visited the Grand Canyon. I was 17 and watched the sun rise and the clouds disappear from the canyon. It was magical!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: I completed a nine-day trek across the Southern Alps of New Zealand, from east to west!
- Countries visited: Belize, New Zealand, and Taiwan
- Favorite hobbies: I love backpacking, rock climbing, skiing, gardening, and crafting.