Originally from Berlin, MD, James completed five trips as an Adventure Treks, including our Leadership Adventure summer semester program. In high school, he spent a semester with Eagle’s Nest Outdoor Academy, a program that combines academics with outdoor adventure learning. At Western Colorado, he worked as a counselor for wrestling camps for kids ages 9–18.
- Education: Western Colorado University, studying mechanical engineering
- Certification: Wilderness first responder, river rescue
- Favorite outdoor memory: Watching a storm roll over Packwood Lake with my friends in rain gear or watching the sunrise as I summitted Mt. Shasta
- Favorite hobbies: canoeing, hiking, wrestling, lifting, running, fishing, body surfing, carpentry, hacky sack, and exploring nature
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Clearwater Lake in British Columbia
- What are you most excited about this summer? I am excited to see how to running everything as an instructor goes along with what my fellow instructors can teach me! I’m also excited to get to know everyone on my trip and making tons of fun memories on our adventures.
- Previous Adventure Treks trips include Blue Ridge Explorer, British Columbia Adventure, California Challenge, Ultimate Northwest, Alaska Expedition, Leadership Adventure Semester