Instructor, Colorado Explorer 2 & California Challenge 3
Originally from Olympia, WA, Lauren now lives in Lincoln, NE. She recently finished up a semester in Malawi as the co-leader of an international expedition helping with natural disaster and hurricanes; there, she was responsible for risk management, menu-planning, trip logistics, group dynamics, and more. She’s also helped with disaster relief in Grand Isle, LA. Previously, she was a camp counselor in Washington, where she worked with kids ages 7–17. Lauren joins Adventure Treks for her first summer as an instructor.
- Education: Union College, bachelor’s degree in international rescue and relief
- Certifications: Emergency medical technician, wilderness first responder, swiftwater rescue technician, recreational rappelling operator, rope rescue specialist, ice rescue technician
- Favorite outdoor memory: Surfing at the whitewater park in Montrose, CO, when there was snow on the ground and a 20- degree wind chill.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Backpacking the Wonderland Trail around Mt. Rainier in eight days.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: The Pacific Northwest and Colorado
- Favorite hobbies: Gymnastics, rock climbing, teaching rescue classes, and reading