Having grown up in the Green Mountains, Liza still calls Vermont home. Recently, she was a teaching coordinator for Trackers Earth, facilitating overnight camp programs for high schoolers. She was also a homeschool instructor for students in Vermont, teaching kids ages 7 to 13. She co-founded Sprouts Wilderness, a program that ran day programs and overnight backpacking trips for kids and teens. While at UVM, Liza spent her summers as a counselor for Camp Downer.
- Education: University of Vermont, bachelor’s degree in environmental studies
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: A barefoot sunrise hike of my home mountain with my best friends. Doesn’t get much better than that! Another fond includes spending the night on top of Gertrude Pass in New Zealand and getting heckled by Kiwis.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Northern Thailand
- Favorite hobbies: Hiking, running, camping, plant ID, gardening, and generally nerding out over trees. I also enjoy 2-D art doodles, making delicious food, and walking around barefoot.
- What are you most excited for this summer? Exploring a new landscape and diving deep into the dendrology of the west while building community with my fellow staff and students!