Originally from Wisconsin, Quinn grew up going to summer camp at YMCA Camp Nan A Bo Sho (NABS) in his home state, from age 5 to 16. Later, he became a counselor at Camp NABS, leading backpacking, rock climbing, canoeing, kayaking, wilderness navigation, and environmental education to kids and teens. After his summer with Adventure Treks, Quinn will be embarking on a three-month outdoor educator course with NOLS.
- Education: University of Wisconsin-Madison, bachelor’s degree in biochemistry
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: One of my favorite outdoor memories was reaching the top of Clingman’s Dome, the highest point in the Smoky Mountains, and being able to see the smoky, green mountains for miles in every direction.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: One of my biggest outdoor highlights was my first time ever skydiving (last summer)! Incredible experience and I can’t wait to do it again.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: My favorite place I have traveled to is probably the Smoky Mountains. I love how quickly the weather changes and how it feels like you’re among the clouds.
- Favorite hobbies: Sports (football, spike ball, basketball, volleyball), cold plunges in the lake, chess, music, cooking, and reading.
- What are you most excited for this summer? Meeting all the instructors and students! Seems like they are the coolest people in the world, and I cannot wait to learn from all of them!