Trip leader, California Challenge 1
Roisin (aka Ro) is a former full-time Adventure Treks staff member who’s spent the last several months traveling around the United States and Europe. Before coming to Adventure Treks in 2019, Ro was a program instructor at the Keystone Science School where she taught topics as forest ecology and geology to campers from 5 to 16 years old. She’s led multi-day canoeing trips on the 740-mile Northern Forest Canoe Trail; served as a Nature Conservancy intern, studying urban ecology; and volunteered for the Cairns Turtle Rehabilitation Center in Australia. Roisin is from Cairns and carries an Irish citizenship in addition to being an American and Australian.
- Education: University of Vermont; bachelor’s degree in environmental studies
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory? There are so many, but one that stands out is watching the sunset after a two-day backpacking trip in a monsoon in Sulawesi, Indonesia.
- Countries visited: Australia, Cambodia, Canada, many in Europe, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam
- Favorite hobbies: I have a passion for wildlife conservation and education. I love all water-related sports as well as skiing, climbing, hiking, biking and most things get you outside exploring. I also have a love for travel.
- Previous Adventure Treks trips include Alaska Expedition, Blue Ridge Discovery, Blue Ridge Leadership