Sam returns to the instructor community after having completed five trips as a student, including our Leadership Adventure Semester. With AT, Sam has been to the Pacific Northwest several times, Alaska, and British Columbia. Currently earning a degree in business administration at the University of Oregon, Max hails from Highland Park, IL. He’s worked as an athletic coach for students ages nine to 14 in baseball, basketball, and football, and he’s currently in the Warsaw Sports Business Club in Eugene, OR.
- Education: University of Oregon, currently studying business administration
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, swift water rescue
- Favorite outdoor memory: My favorite outdoor memory is in Alaska on the Kesugi ridge where after a long uphill day of backpacking my and my friend stayed up at night watching the sun move across the horizon with the most beautiful view of Mt. Denali.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: My favorite outdoor achievement has to be summiting Mt. Adams with Adventure Treks after the park rangers told us that we wouldn’t be able to summit.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Lake Louise and Lake Moraine in British Columbia.
- Favorite hobbies: I love to ski, hike, play sports, read, relax, and, most important, I love adventuring!
- What are you excited about this summer? I am super excited to meet everyone and go back to the incredibly beautiful British Columbia. Most importantly I am excited to defend my pirate waiter championship title!
- Previous Adventure Treks trips include Pacific Northwest Explorer, British Columbia Adventure, Ultimate Northwest, Alaska Expedition, Leadership Adventure Semester, Pacific Northwest Adventure