Instructor intern, Ultimate Northwest 1 & Pacific Northwest Adventure 2
Sam joins the Adventure Treks staff for his first season as an instructor intern after having completed five trips as a student, including our Leadership Adventure Semester in 2021. With AT, Sam has been to the Pacific Northwest several times, Alaska, and British Columbia. Currently earning a degree in business administration at the University of Oregon, Max hails from Highland Park, IL. He’s worked as an athletic coach for students ages nine to 14 in baseball, basketball, and football, and he’s currently in the Warsaw Sports Business Club in Eugene, OR.
- Education: Degree in process from University of Oregon, business administration
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, swiftwater rescue
- Favorite outdoor memory: Getting first tracks in three to four feet of powder during a rope drop in Mineral Basin at Snowbird!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Summiting Mt. Adams with Adventure Treks when the park rangers told us that we should not expect to summit that day.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Lake Louise and Lake Moraine in British Columbia.
- Favorite hobbies: I love to play sports, ski, hike, mountain bike, rock climb—I just love adventuring!
- What do you hope to learn this summer? More about the instructor side of what Adventure Treks is all about.
- What are you excited about this summer? I am excited for all the adventuring I am going to be able to do this summer. And I can’t wait to get started on my first year as an instructor after five years as an AT student!